Celebrating 50 years of service, Tower Fasteners headquartered in Holtsville, NY, has become a leader in the field of fastener distribution and inventory management systems. Tower is committed to supplying products from only the highest quality fastener manufacturers in the world.
We are currently seeking an Entry Level Purchasing Clerk to join our Tower Team. This role is responsible for following up and expediting orders and promptly responding to internal customer requests.
Full time position, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
• Entry level but 1 - 2 years customer service experience & phone skills
• Must have the ability to multi-task
• Needs to be able to prioritize time sensitive issues
• Must be a team player both in the department and within the Company
• Strong and accurate data entry skills
• Strong computer skills including Excel and MS Office
Duties Include but are not limited to:
• Contact suppliers to get delivery updates on orders.
• Revise open order reports and delivery information in system.
• Respond and update internal employees regarding delivery status in a timely manner.
• Negotiate with vendors on lead time issues and working on a close level with the supplier to solve the issue.
• Track replacement parts, returns and negotiate and credit.
• Initiate claims for damaged parts with vendors, communicate with accounting regarding pricing discrepancies.
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs plus additional supplemental plans
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Paid Vacation, Company Holidays and Personal time
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Great work environment
Tower Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.towerfast.com
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com or fax (631) 312-9305.